Skip to main content

13 Churches ... 13 August ... ONE Prayer

I am organising a prayerwalk through a local community. I have counted and included 13 churches on the route and we will pray for each church as we pass them by.

The invitation I make to members of those churches is that if they feel the area needs prayer, they can join in at any of the sections on the route. There are various distances - ranging from 100 meters onwards. A real exciting thing in this is that they may meet someone from a different church who prays the same as they do. But the most exciting will be that we will go out onto the streets, walking and talking to the Lord. Some prayers are prayed just under our breath like a whisper, some just in our thoughts and some out loud and some even in song and some even just as the Holy Spirit leads us ... I encourage them just to come and pray as they feel comfortable.

I tell you this because you can be part of this ... even though many of the names on this mailing list are in countries all over the world - we know the Lord is not bothered about the distance and you can join in the spirit and pray with us.

I asked the Lord which route I should take, how far and when ... I believe He led me in planning the walk NOT as an event, but as a opportunity for prayer.
The date is 13 August at sunrise. We start from a church high on a hill from where the whole route is visible. It will be awesome to start on that high place with the rising sun and the view over the route down below ...

When I worked out the timing, I had to go for a prayerwalk on a measured kilometre to see how long it would take ... mmm ... It took me 13 minutes for the kilometre.

I felt prompted to count the churches that are included on the route ... 13 !!

I started to wonder why; and asked the Lord about the "13". He led me to the main focus of the prayerwalk:
Unity in the Lord: this prayerwalk is about praying for the community to come to a place of being in submission to Christ. Also a place where superstitions and ungodly beliefs in this area will be replaced with a total trust in God.

Here is a list of the churches we will pass.
Will you please join in as this is being prepared and pray for the different churches and the ministries in them ... and send me any encouragement the Lord lays on your heart for them. The Lord gave me specific words that I will share with each of them later ... for now I would love if I can add some encouragement to that.

Start time: 0638 (At sunrise)
FROM: NG Gemeente Vergesig, Putney Road, Brixton
TO: Reformed Church Brixton, Mission to Africa, Putney Road, Brixton
(Expected walk time = 2 minutes; Distance = 100m)

Start time: 07:00
FROM: Reformed Church Brixton, Mission to Africa, Putney Road, Brixton
TO: Melville Union Church, 45 Ditton Ave, Auckland Park
(Expected walk time = 15 minutes; Distance = 1,2km)

Start time: 07:30
FROM: Melville Union Church, 45 Ditton Ave, Auckland Park
TO: Campus Christian Centre, Greenlands Ave, Auckland Park
(Expected walk time = 8 minutes; Distance = 600m)

Start time: 08:00
FROM: Campus Christian Centre, Greenlands Ave, Auckland Park
TO: AGS/AFM, 55 Richmond Ave, Auckland Park
(Expected walk time = 3 minutes; Distance = 200m)

Start time: 08:20
FROM: AGS/AFM, 55 Richmond Ave, Auckland Park
TO: St Peter’s Anglican Church, Walton Ave, Auckland Park
(Expected walk time = 10 minutes; Distance = 800m)

Start time: 08:45
FROM: St Peter’s Anglican Church, Walton Ave, Auckland Park
TO: Auckland Park Baptist Church, Sunbury Ave, Auckland Park
(Expected walk time = 3 minutes; Distance = 200m)

Start time: 09:00
FROM: Auckland Park Baptist Church, Sunbury Ave, Auckland Park
TO: Melville Methodist Church, 4th Ave, Melville
(Expected walk time = 13 minutes; Distance = 1km)

Start time: 09:30
FROM: Melville Methodist Church, 4th Ave, Melville
TO: Melville Junction, 1st Ave, Melville
(Expected walk time = 5 minutes; Distance = 400m)

Start time: 09:50
FROM: Melville Junction, 1st Ave, Melville
TO: Corner Main/4th Ave, Melville (Potters House, Gospel Church)
(Expected walk time = 7 minutes; Distance = 500m)

Start time: 10:15
FROM: Corner Main/4th Ave, Melville (Potters House, Gospel Church)
TO: NG Kerk, 4th Ave, Melville
(Expected walk time = 4 minutes; Distance = 300m)

Start time: 10:40
FROM: NG Kerk, 4th Ave, Melville
TO: AGS/AFM, Cnr 6th St & 5th Ave, Melville
(Expected walk time = 5 minutes; Distance = 400m)

Start time: 11:00
FROM: AGS/AFM, Cnr 6th St & 5th Ave, Melville
TO: NH Kerk, 7th Ave, Melville
(Expected walk time = 4 minutes; Distance = 300m)


Click to enlarge the map

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for a great initiative. You are more than welcome to include our church in your prayerwalk. I will communicate the initiative to our own prayer group ...
Anonymous said…
This made me think of Jesus and the twelve disciples, something like completeness. the body and Jesus as one.
13 of them, living together, growing together, the teacher and the taught.
we reign with him, seated in heavenly places, so somehow this has governance principles in it for the body of christ.

May you see from that place seated above as you prayerwalk.

Popular posts from this blog

The pastors-puzzle prayer-walk

Standing at the closed gate of Fisherman's Village, I needed to phone reception to open the gate. The sun was bright and I couldn't see the screen of my phone clearly. I pressed the wrong button and dialled the wrong number. William answered - he is one of two pastors who I met during a recent Holy Spirit conference - we were both delegates! It was good to hear his voice and we had a short chat. The gate opened and I entered the main office. There was a visitor - another delegate from the conference. The other of the two pastors whom I met at the conference! Both of the two pastors - not only brought to my remembrance, but brought into contact in person! How WOW is that ... Coincidence? I don't think so! ... and now I am inviting you to follow me online in my quest to see what God has in mind for me and the 2 pastor friends. Prayer-walking from William's house in Soweto to Pitso's place off the Dikhololo road on the other side of Brits. On the previous

"Ancient wells" Prayerwalk

After prayerwalking from Kimberley to Gariep dam with that profound first day spanning 66km to the centre of South Africa, Father laid on my heart to do another prayerwalk: Kimberley to Kuruman. To my question "What is in Kuruman", He answered I should do some research. Keeping in mind that the 66 books point to the bible and how I felt to pray that the bible will become central again. Actually more than central - the centre and the cornerstone in schools, business, government, and even many churches. Where Petrusburg was first founded in the middle of South Africa, the fountain dried up. The town was relocated to its current position 20 km away. The fountain in the middle of South Africa dried up! Kuruman, in the dry expanse of the Kalahari basin boasts an inexhaustible sweetwater fountain.  It has never dried out, even in the longest drought periods. It produces 20 million litres of water  daily. The first bible in Africa was p