Skip to main content

Boksburg Lake "7 Day Prayerwalk Challenge"

A prayerwalk with a challenge ... some from distant countries ... and some who even cannot walk will join in the spirit.
Challenge your faith in a prayerwalk where we will follow similar instructions to what God gave to Joshua at Jericho. And see what God will do in Boksburg

I felt the Lord lay on my heart some unique instructions for prayerwalking in Boksburg, a town just east of Johannesburg, South Africa.
2 Then the LORD said to Joshua, "See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men. 3 March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days. 4 Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams' horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets.
Joshua 6 - King James Version (KJV)


This is what I feel in my heart
Go walk around Boksburg lake once a day for 6 days ... IN SILENCE ...
and on the 7th day seven times ... PRAYING !!

6 Days of silent prayerwalking
In a way the six days (Monday to Saturday 6-11 June) are for preparing the prayers for Sunday 12 June 2005. Those days of silent walking around the dam, are for listening to God to hear what to pray for. Now this is definitely a challenge! Those of you joining in the spirit could take about 20 minutes each day just listening to what the Lord wants to say about what He wants us to pray for on Sunday. I say 20 minutes because it is a 2 km walk around the lake, and for the listening part we will walk slowly. You can mail me your words, or make comments here.

7th Day of fervent focused prayerwalking
On Sunday 7 times around the dam, while praying the things God revealed during the week.

The passion
I felt the Lord leading me to drive out to Boksburg and the road I used took me straight to the Boksburg lake. The way there is filled with things to pray for.
+ POVERTY
+ CRIME
+ SPIRITUAL NEEDS

As I walked around the lake and started to pray, I saw the "need" come take hold of me and in a way asking for help.
Here is what happened:
I was just walking around the dam this day praying
and HE showed me to pray for the poverty
terrible poverty
and for spiritual dryness
terrible dryness
and I did
and I was walking fast
and a young boy came and tried to keep up with me
and we started talking
and he asked me what do we learn from this ...
and I said to him nothing but getting fit
and he said he is already fit
and I said ... me too
so he asked me why am I doing it then
and I said ...

because I am actually praying as I walk

and he said "What are you praying?"
and I said ... about the poverty and that the people here would get close to God
and he said. ... but what would it help ... because do you know that I am actually a sinner

and my heart said "halleluja!"

and the lord gave me some things to say to him
and then I asked him if I could pray for him
and the Lord showed me areas to pray for him
and he was touched
I knew the lord wanted me to talk to him - and I was waiting for the innings
and the Lord showed me to pray for him ... Yougan ... for new friends who will help him to live a better life

and you know ...
I was walking fast before we started talking
and I was just surprised that he walked as he could and then ran - but he just kept on staying with me
and the lord told me not to slow down
and when he asked if I knew he was a sinner -
i just about stopped

then we talked
... smile
and the Lord was just leading me
I learned a lot!!!
and I knew not to present the gospel - but to just tell him of God's love
the Lord just showed me to do that
and when I prayed I told him I will pray to Jesus
I could see He was touched

the Lord spoke to me through that
I know I have this as my next prayer walk
and I am ready ...

What to bring
This is not an organised activity. If you want to join in, just go to the lake at your own time and walk around at a pace at which you will be comfortable. Please take water and just to be safe, a cell phone (if you need to contact someone). You needn't complete 7 rounds if you are not fit - just walk as the Lord leads you in your heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The pastors-puzzle prayer-walk

Standing at the closed gate of Fisherman's Village, I needed to phone reception to open the gate. The sun was bright and I couldn't see the screen of my phone clearly. I pressed the wrong button and dialled the wrong number. William answered - he is one of two pastors who I met during a recent Holy Spirit conference - we were both delegates! It was good to hear his voice and we had a short chat. The gate opened and I entered the main office. There was a visitor - another delegate from the conference. The other of the two pastors whom I met at the conference! Both of the two pastors - not only brought to my remembrance, but brought into contact in person! How WOW is that ... Coincidence? I don't think so! ... and now I am inviting you to follow me online in my quest to see what God has in mind for me and the 2 pastor friends. Prayer-walking from William's house in Soweto to Pitso's place off the Dikhololo road on the other side of Brits. On the previous

"Ancient wells" Prayerwalk

After prayerwalking from Kimberley to Gariep dam with that profound first day spanning 66km to the centre of South Africa, Father laid on my heart to do another prayerwalk: Kimberley to Kuruman. To my question "What is in Kuruman", He answered I should do some research. Keeping in mind that the 66 books point to the bible and how I felt to pray that the bible will become central again. Actually more than central - the centre and the cornerstone in schools, business, government, and even many churches. Where Petrusburg was first founded in the middle of South Africa, the fountain dried up. The town was relocated to its current position 20 km away. The fountain in the middle of South Africa dried up! Kuruman, in the dry expanse of the Kalahari basin boasts an inexhaustible sweetwater fountain.  It has never dried out, even in the longest drought periods. It produces 20 million litres of water  daily. The first bible in Africa was p

13 Churches ... 13 August ... ONE Prayer

I am organising a prayerwalk through a local community. I have counted and included 13 churches on the route and we will pray for each church as we pass them by. The invitation I make to members of those churches is that if they feel the area needs prayer, they can join in at any of the sections on the route. There are various distances - ranging from 100 meters onwards. A real exciting thing in this is that they may meet someone from a different church who prays the same as they do. But the most exciting will be that we will go out onto the streets, walking and talking to the Lord. Some prayers are prayed just under our breath like a whisper, some just in our thoughts and some out loud and some even in song and some even just as the Holy Spirit leads us ... I encourage them just to come and pray as they feel comfortable. I tell you this because you can be part of this ... even though many of the names on this mailing list are in countries all over the world - we know the Lord is not b