Skip to main content

Day 7: Ashes to Beauty, Boksburg

3. To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. Isaiah 61:3 (King James Version) (KJV)

We had a wonderful time of worship at our church this evening where we used pen and paper to express our worship to God. The challenge was firstly to think back of a recent encounter we had with the Lord, and then to draw or write what we remember. I had a distinct moment, which I want to share with you here.

I was on the 2nd last round of the final day 7-round prayerwalk around the lake when I saw 4 people around a fire just getting some heat - and I realised that fire was made to last a short while for heating only - and I knew they didn't have food. I was a way past them when I asked the Lord if I should buy them some food from the local foodsellers. Then I started discussing this with the Lord and wondered whether I should or not. The Lord showed me clearly: My son, the compassion that you have ... is MY compassion. It touched me - and I knew ... don't question this compassion - buy the food and bless them. I was so glad i did...

Today's walk started off with some 35 people from the Healingworld Church which is right across the lake, who joined me for the very first round. It was such a blessing to share in praying and to just praise and worship the Lord as we walked. I overheard someone praying and reffering to the lake as dead water, and praying to the Lord - Here are our ashes Lord - will you please turn it into beauty...

I drew a second picture in church. Two hands outstretched, holding a heap of ashes. the ashes were too much for the hands and were falling from the sides. From the side of the paper I drew tears falling. I wrote on the paper:
HE WILL TURN YOUR ASHES INTO BEAUTY
The congregation started praying and like usual some prayers were short and others longer. Then I heard this prayer: "Lord thank You for turning our ashes into beauty" - and the Lord nudged me in my heart - go give her this picture.
I was scared - but went over and asked, why did you say that about ashes for beauty. She said she has never prayed in church and the Holy Spirit just impressed on her to say thank you for Him turning her ashes into beauty. I asked if there were lots of tears going with that - she said yes, and i said to her - here is your picture. She was overwhelmed. I believe the Lord really wanted her to see that He meant business with her and that He really gave her beauty for ashes.

And so I feel in my heart to say to the christians in Boksburg. He will give you "beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness"

I have prayed over the things in the daily feedback here - and we now give it over to the Lord. Please keep Boksburg in your prayers, and don't be surprised if you find me moving there for a time ...

I just want to thank everyone who emailed me from foreign countries to say you are walking with me in the spirit. I also want to say that there was even a young girl in a wheelchair who wrote to me saying she is in - walking with me in the spirit. What an encouragement.

May I encourage you to walk out from this day on - talking to God as you walk. If you never did it - just in your mind pray and say, Lord Jesus, thank you for walking with me. And just talk to Him as you go ... you will start hearing Him.

Boksburg - here is a gem that I believe the Lord wants you to know:
Isaiah 45:3 (New Living Translation)(NLT)
3 And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness--secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name

Comments

Anonymous said…
As I was reading about the Beauty for Ashes, I began to think what will the Lord see as Beauty. What came to my mind was .. the fruit of the Spirit.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, a quiet mind, kind acts, well-doing, faith,
Gal 5:23 Gentle behaviour, control over desires: against such there is no law.

When we choose to walk in the Spirit we put the selfnature to death, it becomes Ashes, so that the fruit of the Spirit, His Beauty, can be seen in us and touch the lives of many... In Boksburg or where-ever we go.

May the Lord bless your further walk with Him

Inge Lyck, Denmark
Anonymous said…
What a nice article! Definitely a need to-read and a discovery!
This really worked for me thanks so much.

Popular posts from this blog

The pastors-puzzle prayer-walk

Standing at the closed gate of Fisherman's Village, I needed to phone reception to open the gate. The sun was bright and I couldn't see the screen of my phone clearly. I pressed the wrong button and dialled the wrong number. William answered - he is one of two pastors who I met during a recent Holy Spirit conference - we were both delegates! It was good to hear his voice and we had a short chat. The gate opened and I entered the main office. There was a visitor - another delegate from the conference. The other of the two pastors whom I met at the conference! Both of the two pastors - not only brought to my remembrance, but brought into contact in person! How WOW is that ... Coincidence? I don't think so! ... and now I am inviting you to follow me online in my quest to see what God has in mind for me and the 2 pastor friends. Prayer-walking from William's house in Soweto to Pitso's place off the Dikhololo road on the other side of Brits. On the previous

"Ancient wells" Prayerwalk

After prayerwalking from Kimberley to Gariep dam with that profound first day spanning 66km to the centre of South Africa, Father laid on my heart to do another prayerwalk: Kimberley to Kuruman. To my question "What is in Kuruman", He answered I should do some research. Keeping in mind that the 66 books point to the bible and how I felt to pray that the bible will become central again. Actually more than central - the centre and the cornerstone in schools, business, government, and even many churches. Where Petrusburg was first founded in the middle of South Africa, the fountain dried up. The town was relocated to its current position 20 km away. The fountain in the middle of South Africa dried up! Kuruman, in the dry expanse of the Kalahari basin boasts an inexhaustible sweetwater fountain.  It has never dried out, even in the longest drought periods. It produces 20 million litres of water  daily. The first bible in Africa was p

13 Churches ... 13 August ... ONE Prayer

I am organising a prayerwalk through a local community. I have counted and included 13 churches on the route and we will pray for each church as we pass them by. The invitation I make to members of those churches is that if they feel the area needs prayer, they can join in at any of the sections on the route. There are various distances - ranging from 100 meters onwards. A real exciting thing in this is that they may meet someone from a different church who prays the same as they do. But the most exciting will be that we will go out onto the streets, walking and talking to the Lord. Some prayers are prayed just under our breath like a whisper, some just in our thoughts and some out loud and some even in song and some even just as the Holy Spirit leads us ... I encourage them just to come and pray as they feel comfortable. I tell you this because you can be part of this ... even though many of the names on this mailing list are in countries all over the world - we know the Lord is not b