Skip to main content

Beau-ti-ful to be-hold

What a great week of prayerwalking!

On Monday it was just getting back into the routine after a bit of muscle-resting.

Tuesday started of on a high note ... I first walked 3km and then did some fast and furious dashes. (that means I walk 100m at a slow pace and then walk very fast for the next 100m.) As I did these spped bursts - I just enjoyed the rhythm of the walking. And with that I prayed many many prayers for the people in my life and the members on this list. Yes I prayed for many of you by name - Just saying Lord, for this 100m I want to pray for * ... I would not be surprised if I get lots of emails confirming wonderful things happening on Tuesday.

Then after doing speed bursts, I did a long fast walk for 3 km. I feel in my heart to speak what I felt the Lord laid on my heart:
There are members on this list who will instantly know it is for them ... you have been on some kind of a journey for quite some time now. And you do not have a clear indication of how long it is going to last. You are getting weary and even a little bit downcast. Please hear my heart in this - p e r s e v e r e my friend. i believe I have this message from the Lord for you ... perservere because you will also finish what you need to do for the Kingdom. And take courage to just hang in there - I will be praying for you.

Wednesday the Lord spoke to me from His Word ... saying such a simple thing from Genesis 2:9 (New International Version)
And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground - trees that were pleasing to the eye...

Let me tell you - on Wednesday I cried many tears when I walked past many trees (12km) and I had a sense of it being pleasing to my eyes - I saw the trees which I walked past, with new eyes. He actually made them to please me, looking at them. It is awesome to get that realisation.

Here is the (new) song that I started to sing on Wednesday - and it is still on my mind almost 3 days now:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Beautiful
To behold

Are the works
of Your hand

Beautiful
To behold

Are the words
from Your heart

Beautiful
To behold

Are the trees
that you made
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am singing it over and over - and it is such a blessing to renew God's goodness in our hearts.

Thursday was incredible ... I love to walk on the edge with God ... into new territories ...
I felt in my heart I should go to a church where the worship team was going to practice for Sunday's service.
And to pray while they practised.

I was the only person in the church building and the worship team was on the stage, practising (Some of them knew why I was there)
Then as I sat there, praying I felt the Lord nudge me to get up and walk in the church and pray for them ... first time I did such a prayer walk. It was an awesome experience. i felt like I was within the clockwork of some huge mechanism. And I knew I was at the heart of praying for something where it really matters.

Did this touch your heart - We really need to pray more for the worship teams in our churches, and for the worship in the church. We can pray into areas where it really matters.

Friday's walk was a walk of blessing for myself ... (smile) I love how the Lord some times blesses us as we reach out to others. He suddenly He spoke to me about things I am dreaming about for my life and I just have p e a c e about where I am at and how the future will turn out for me. Peace and excitement.

I hope I have you excited now to get praying a little bit more.

Well ... and also to walk just a little bit closer to Him who wants to come-walk-with-you.
... and to take a new look at the trees ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The pastors-puzzle prayer-walk

Standing at the closed gate of Fisherman's Village, I needed to phone reception to open the gate. The sun was bright and I couldn't see the screen of my phone clearly. I pressed the wrong button and dialled the wrong number. William answered - he is one of two pastors who I met during a recent Holy Spirit conference - we were both delegates! It was good to hear his voice and we had a short chat. The gate opened and I entered the main office. There was a visitor - another delegate from the conference. The other of the two pastors whom I met at the conference! Both of the two pastors - not only brought to my remembrance, but brought into contact in person! How WOW is that ... Coincidence? I don't think so! ... and now I am inviting you to follow me online in my quest to see what God has in mind for me and the 2 pastor friends. Prayer-walking from William's house in Soweto to Pitso's place off the Dikhololo road on the other side of Brits. On the previous

"Ancient wells" Prayerwalk

After prayerwalking from Kimberley to Gariep dam with that profound first day spanning 66km to the centre of South Africa, Father laid on my heart to do another prayerwalk: Kimberley to Kuruman. To my question "What is in Kuruman", He answered I should do some research. Keeping in mind that the 66 books point to the bible and how I felt to pray that the bible will become central again. Actually more than central - the centre and the cornerstone in schools, business, government, and even many churches. Where Petrusburg was first founded in the middle of South Africa, the fountain dried up. The town was relocated to its current position 20 km away. The fountain in the middle of South Africa dried up! Kuruman, in the dry expanse of the Kalahari basin boasts an inexhaustible sweetwater fountain.  It has never dried out, even in the longest drought periods. It produces 20 million litres of water  daily. The first bible in Africa was p

13 Churches ... 13 August ... ONE Prayer

I am organising a prayerwalk through a local community. I have counted and included 13 churches on the route and we will pray for each church as we pass them by. The invitation I make to members of those churches is that if they feel the area needs prayer, they can join in at any of the sections on the route. There are various distances - ranging from 100 meters onwards. A real exciting thing in this is that they may meet someone from a different church who prays the same as they do. But the most exciting will be that we will go out onto the streets, walking and talking to the Lord. Some prayers are prayed just under our breath like a whisper, some just in our thoughts and some out loud and some even in song and some even just as the Holy Spirit leads us ... I encourage them just to come and pray as they feel comfortable. I tell you this because you can be part of this ... even though many of the names on this mailing list are in countries all over the world - we know the Lord is not b