Skip to main content

Paremoremo Psalm-walk

----------------------------
Day 1
----------------------------

God prompted me in 3 different ways over the past week concerning a place called Paremoremo. Last night with the 3rd prompting, I felt a call on my heart to go prayer-walk this place of which I:

  • Saw a road-sign only last week and felt drawn to it in some way

  • Felt to pray for an Alpha group about their prison ministry concerns ... only to later realize they were to minister at the Paremoremo prison

  • Listened to a man telling how they have for years been praying that God would establish a church in their area ... only later to realise he came from Paremoremo


What I am to pray for and what I would find in Paremoremo I did not know. But today, I went out walking to Paremoremo for Day 1 to listen to the Holy Spirit and to tap into God's heart for this area.

Paremoremo - Day one - The hidden place
As I prayed, I felt to pray for Paremoremo as:
  • A hidden place

  • A place where the rain doesn't hit the ground

  • A place of many entrances and few exits

  • A place of daily bread


I don't see the full picture yet, but I feel that I have only had some kind of first look into the area, and that there are greater things and revelation to come. I am excited about tomorrow - Day 2 ... I will be walking out there with the Psalms ... The Paremoremo Psalm-walk.

----------------------------
Day 2
----------------------------

Powerful praying from the Psalms

This is how I can sum up the walk of Day 2. I felt in my heart to take my iPod with on this walk. Instead of music, I have on my iPod, the audio bible. So on this walk I prayer-walked while I listened to Psalm 1-41 (Book 1 in the Psalms).

That was quite an experience for me. As I walked and prayed, I had a flow of input from God's word, into my prayers ... and that was a truly powerful experience.

Here are only a few of the highlights of these prayers:

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Psalm 6:11 (NIV)

LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill?
He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart
Psalm 15:1-2 (NIV)

In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears. ... The LORD thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded ... He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.
Psalm 18:6/13/16 (NIV)

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.
Psalm 19:1-2 (NIV)

For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. [Selah] Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD "—
and you forgave the guilt of my sin.
Psalm 32:4-5 (NIV)

From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth - he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength. A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save. But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love
Psalm 33:13-18 (NIV)


These are only a few highlights and I encourage you to read Psalms 1-41 - It will take you an hour and a half. I find it amazing, how it makes my praying more powerful, and how it makes me draw closer to God.

Closer into His presence ... and in His presence is joy.

Ohh what joy!! ... I sing for joy at the works of Your hands, Lord

And I stand in awe of You oh Lord

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100 (NIV)


amen!!

----------------------------
Day 3
----------------------------

What a great way to pray!

Today I walked the 26km roundtrip to and from Paremoremo praying with psalm 42-89 in the background. I really found such depth in those prayers, specially since some of the Psalms deal with issues I have heard about Paremoremo. it is almost like in some way you are being "fed" words for your prayers. It helped with praying more than I would have had words for.

I think this is almost like sitting with an open bible and praying ... only here you are walking under the huge trees; along the busy road, with cars passing; and cows, goats, sheep and horses on the green hills. And then you hear:
As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God. (Psalm 42:1)


I must be honest, I started this walk today feeling unmotivated. In fact I can now say my soul felt downcast.
Within the 42 and 43 Psalm the following was repeated 3 times - and this lifted me up:
Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
(Psalm 42:5 / Psalm 42:11 / Psalm 43:5 NIV)


And imagine my joy to pray (over an area where people have for years been praying that God would establish a church in their area) Psalm 82

1 How lovely is your dwelling place,
O LORD Almighty!
2 My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.

10 Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Psalm 82 NIV)


And yes, Lord we just pray that You will establish opportunities for fellowship in this area.
I pray Lord that You will work in the hearts of those people who are already in the area, who are strong in You and who are able to host a fellowship in Your presence and honour, to do it Lord.
I pray Lord that it will be for the upliftment of many downcast souls in the Paremoremo.
I pray Lord that many will come to the place where they can truly say:
Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere

I ask this in Your name Lord Jesus
Amen

And I sing this psalm over Paremoremo right now Lord:

Love and Truth meet in the street,
Right Living and Whole Living embrace and kiss!
Truth sprouts green from the ground,
Right Living pours down from the skies!
Oh yes! God gives Goodness and Beauty;
our land responds with Bounty and Blessing.
Right Living strides out before him,
and clears a path for his passage.Psalm 85:10-13 (The Message)
... Selah
... Yeah ... let's pause and think about that !!

----------------------------
Day 4
----------------------------

An awesome, awesome walk through the native forest was how the Paremoremo psalm-walk ended.

All the other days were routed along the main road, but this day, I took the scenic route to return on - and what a blessing. What an experience to just walk in awe and silence among those old trees in the forest. And high, high above; the wind rushing in the treetops.

This day as I set on the last day's walk, I listened to Psalm 90-150.

For this day I am singing this song over myself and over Paremoremo:
Lo-ve-ly are Yo-ur dwel-ling pla-ces ...
and in comes Moses with Psalm 90:
Lord, you have been our dwelling place ...

And I just rejoiced as I prayer-walked this area. For indeed this was powerful praying - I just felt it as I walked, in the area, listening to the Psalms and praying much of it over Paremoremo.

5 He provides food for those who fear him;
he remembers his covenant forever.

6 He has shown his people the power of his works,
giving them the lands of other nations.

7 The works of his hands are faithful and just;
all his precepts are trustworthy.

8 They are steadfast for ever and ever,
done in faithfulness and uprightness.

9 He provided redemption for his people;
he ordained his covenant forever—
holy and awesome is his name.

10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
all who follow his precepts have good understanding ...
Psalm 111 (NIV)


and may the peace and the love of God be in this place
amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The pastors-puzzle prayer-walk

Standing at the closed gate of Fisherman's Village, I needed to phone reception to open the gate. The sun was bright and I couldn't see the screen of my phone clearly. I pressed the wrong button and dialled the wrong number. William answered - he is one of two pastors who I met during a recent Holy Spirit conference - we were both delegates! It was good to hear his voice and we had a short chat. The gate opened and I entered the main office. There was a visitor - another delegate from the conference. The other of the two pastors whom I met at the conference! Both of the two pastors - not only brought to my remembrance, but brought into contact in person! How WOW is that ... Coincidence? I don't think so! ... and now I am inviting you to follow me online in my quest to see what God has in mind for me and the 2 pastor friends. Prayer-walking from William's house in Soweto to Pitso's place off the Dikhololo road on the other side of Brits. On the previous

"Ancient wells" Prayerwalk

After prayerwalking from Kimberley to Gariep dam with that profound first day spanning 66km to the centre of South Africa, Father laid on my heart to do another prayerwalk: Kimberley to Kuruman. To my question "What is in Kuruman", He answered I should do some research. Keeping in mind that the 66 books point to the bible and how I felt to pray that the bible will become central again. Actually more than central - the centre and the cornerstone in schools, business, government, and even many churches. Where Petrusburg was first founded in the middle of South Africa, the fountain dried up. The town was relocated to its current position 20 km away. The fountain in the middle of South Africa dried up! Kuruman, in the dry expanse of the Kalahari basin boasts an inexhaustible sweetwater fountain.  It has never dried out, even in the longest drought periods. It produces 20 million litres of water  daily. The first bible in Africa was p

13 Churches ... 13 August ... ONE Prayer

I am organising a prayerwalk through a local community. I have counted and included 13 churches on the route and we will pray for each church as we pass them by. The invitation I make to members of those churches is that if they feel the area needs prayer, they can join in at any of the sections on the route. There are various distances - ranging from 100 meters onwards. A real exciting thing in this is that they may meet someone from a different church who prays the same as they do. But the most exciting will be that we will go out onto the streets, walking and talking to the Lord. Some prayers are prayed just under our breath like a whisper, some just in our thoughts and some out loud and some even in song and some even just as the Holy Spirit leads us ... I encourage them just to come and pray as they feel comfortable. I tell you this because you can be part of this ... even though many of the names on this mailing list are in countries all over the world - we know the Lord is not b