Skip to main content

Pushover passover prayer-walk

I am about to embark on a very symbolic prayer-walk. I believe God loves symbolism and in the same way that He uses it often in the bible I am about to reflect some symbolism in an act of worship ... and you can join me in this challenging prayer.

A local church (http://www.tabernacle.org.nz) have organised a run / walk / crawl event through the city for Saturday 15 September. I have volunteered to accompany (and push) a disabled man, Matthew, who is a member of that congregation.

Within the short space of 16km we will be able to cross New Zealand's narrowest neck of land, from the Tasman Sea in the west to the Pacific Ocean in the east.

Those of you who have come to know me well enough would, by now, have gathered that this will be a perfect opportunity for a prayer-walk.

Yes, indeed: The "Pushover passover prayer-walk"

As I push Matthew over New Zealand, from one ocean to the other, my declaration will be about the blood of Jesus:
... He will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down. Exodus 12:23 (NIV)

And that this country will be purified:
1 John 1 (NIV)
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.


This prayer-walk will be based on Isaiah 31. Wake up and return to God in all your ways, New Zealand
1 WOE TO those who go down to Egypt for help, who rely on horses and trust in chariots because they are many and in horsemen because they are very strong, but they look not to the Holy One of Israel, nor seek and consult the Lord!
...
5 Like birds hovering, so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem; He will protect and deliver it, He will pass over and spare and preserve it.
6 Return, O children of Israel, to Him against Whom you have so deeply plunged into revolt.


The challenge in this prayer is to be faithful and pray whole-heartedly.

Lord, make us compassionate in praying this:
And may we all weep as we recieve YOUR compassion for New Zealand
And may YOUR will be done in this country
And may hardened hearts be softened towards YOU
And may strong earth-centered wills be broken into God-centered wills
And may money-lovers become God-lovers
And may there be obedience - servants to YOU, Master
And may new Zealand in full live for YOU, God
And may there be r e v i v a l
amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The pastors-puzzle prayer-walk

Standing at the closed gate of Fisherman's Village, I needed to phone reception to open the gate. The sun was bright and I couldn't see the screen of my phone clearly. I pressed the wrong button and dialled the wrong number. William answered - he is one of two pastors who I met during a recent Holy Spirit conference - we were both delegates! It was good to hear his voice and we had a short chat. The gate opened and I entered the main office. There was a visitor - another delegate from the conference. The other of the two pastors whom I met at the conference! Both of the two pastors - not only brought to my remembrance, but brought into contact in person! How WOW is that ... Coincidence? I don't think so! ... and now I am inviting you to follow me online in my quest to see what God has in mind for me and the 2 pastor friends. Prayer-walking from William's house in Soweto to Pitso's place off the Dikhololo road on the other side of Brits. On the previous

"Ancient wells" Prayerwalk

After prayerwalking from Kimberley to Gariep dam with that profound first day spanning 66km to the centre of South Africa, Father laid on my heart to do another prayerwalk: Kimberley to Kuruman. To my question "What is in Kuruman", He answered I should do some research. Keeping in mind that the 66 books point to the bible and how I felt to pray that the bible will become central again. Actually more than central - the centre and the cornerstone in schools, business, government, and even many churches. Where Petrusburg was first founded in the middle of South Africa, the fountain dried up. The town was relocated to its current position 20 km away. The fountain in the middle of South Africa dried up! Kuruman, in the dry expanse of the Kalahari basin boasts an inexhaustible sweetwater fountain.  It has never dried out, even in the longest drought periods. It produces 20 million litres of water  daily. The first bible in Africa was p

13 Churches ... 13 August ... ONE Prayer

I am organising a prayerwalk through a local community. I have counted and included 13 churches on the route and we will pray for each church as we pass them by. The invitation I make to members of those churches is that if they feel the area needs prayer, they can join in at any of the sections on the route. There are various distances - ranging from 100 meters onwards. A real exciting thing in this is that they may meet someone from a different church who prays the same as they do. But the most exciting will be that we will go out onto the streets, walking and talking to the Lord. Some prayers are prayed just under our breath like a whisper, some just in our thoughts and some out loud and some even in song and some even just as the Holy Spirit leads us ... I encourage them just to come and pray as they feel comfortable. I tell you this because you can be part of this ... even though many of the names on this mailing list are in countries all over the world - we know the Lord is not b