Skip to main content

Back-walk prayer on a road to no-where (Day 2)

Back-walk prayer on a road to no-where

On this second day of prayer-walking - after a night of rain - the dusty pot-holed road became a muddy mess.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As I passed the last townhouse complex to the overgrown veld (bush) I noticed lots of wild cosmos just blooming all over among and between the tall grass.

A pretty impressive sight
of flowers - pink and white
BUT here at the start - so bright
a special special sight
a cosmos neither pink nor white
BUT yellow and so bright

I felt the Lord say - Keep that in mind. So I did and started out on the prayer-walk.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Each day so far this week, the Lord has led me to walk a different road; but today, He taught me a precious lesson about a muddy pot-holed road.

Some would say it is a road to no-where ...
Some would say it is a dead end road ...
A road less traveled
And yes ... a river does indeed run through it!

A road is not a natural phenomenon. It is man-made and has a purpose.

Even this road serves to help people get out to where-ever they need to go.

But ... when they WALK-BACK on this road; it takes them ... HOME

It takes them home.

Therefore I now understand not to despise any old road. Even if it is rugged, pot-holed and river-ridden, it still leads to someone's HOME.

And that is the theme of my prayer this morning.

And as I walked, I know I was covered in prayer by my wife, interceding for me together with over 150 prayer partners from all over the world. All praying (be it a sentence or an hour or two) over the people of this country.

Lord Jesus
I think of all the dusty or muddy pot-holed roads in this land.
They take people to their homes - when they (mostly) walk back.
Roads taking people home.

I pray for many people today - who will be walking back on muddy or dusty roads - back to their homes.

And I pray Lord that in the spirit - they will find the road which will lead them back to You.

That road less traveled.
A road which is sometimes hard to walk
A road where the river of Your Holy Spirit runs through
A road filled with mercy and kindness and Your love.

Lord we pray that You will divinely visit this country and show people in remote areas the way to your kingdom

... and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (Matthew 7:14)

Lord we pray for a miracle in this land that will lead many to walk back with You.

We pray Lord that

With weeping they shall come,
and with pleas for mercy I will lead them back,
I will make them walk by brooks of water,
in a straight path in which they shall not stumble,
for I am a father to Israel" (Jeremiah 31:9)

And thank You God for proclaiming over your children - You are our FATHER.

Thank You Father

Thank You Father

Thank You Father

... amen.

And this is the song I got in my heart to sing over that old dusty pot-holed road:
Based on the song: That old rugged cross

In a place far away lies an old dusty road,
damaged by potholes and trodden to bits
and I know that old road always takes me back home
if I walk back the same way I came.

So I'll walk back on that old dusty road
All my pride and and my hatred must go
i will follow the call of my God
and I'll keep to the road where He leads

O that old dusty road - so despised by the world
has a wondrous attraction for me
for the dear Lamb of God left his glory above
to walk His own road of sorrow and shame

On that old dusty road, full of pot-holes and trash
a wondrous beauty I see,
for 'twas on an old dusty road where I once walked alone
that He reached down to sanctify me

To that narrow difficult way I will ever be true,
its shame and reproach gladly bear;
then he'll call me some day to my home far away,
where his glory forever I'll share.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On returning on the muddy pot-holed road to the townhouse complex at the edge of the overgrown veld (bush) with its many wild cosmos just blooming all over among and between the tall grass, I felt a nudge in my heart to stop and look back.

A pretty impressive sight
of flowers - pink and white
BUT here at the end - so bright
a special special sight
that cosmos neither pink nor white
BUT yellow and so bright

I almost passed it. I almost missed it.

I felt the Lord say - Take it with and I gave it to my wife whose favourite colour is yellow.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And to you who prayer-walks with me in the spirit ...

Here's a special bunch of flowers ... Father sent it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The pastors-puzzle prayer-walk

Standing at the closed gate of Fisherman's Village, I needed to phone reception to open the gate. The sun was bright and I couldn't see the screen of my phone clearly. I pressed the wrong button and dialled the wrong number. William answered - he is one of two pastors who I met during a recent Holy Spirit conference - we were both delegates! It was good to hear his voice and we had a short chat. The gate opened and I entered the main office. There was a visitor - another delegate from the conference. The other of the two pastors whom I met at the conference! Both of the two pastors - not only brought to my remembrance, but brought into contact in person! How WOW is that ... Coincidence? I don't think so! ... and now I am inviting you to follow me online in my quest to see what God has in mind for me and the 2 pastor friends. Prayer-walking from William's house in Soweto to Pitso's place off the Dikhololo road on the other side of Brits. On the previous

"Ancient wells" Prayerwalk

After prayerwalking from Kimberley to Gariep dam with that profound first day spanning 66km to the centre of South Africa, Father laid on my heart to do another prayerwalk: Kimberley to Kuruman. To my question "What is in Kuruman", He answered I should do some research. Keeping in mind that the 66 books point to the bible and how I felt to pray that the bible will become central again. Actually more than central - the centre and the cornerstone in schools, business, government, and even many churches. Where Petrusburg was first founded in the middle of South Africa, the fountain dried up. The town was relocated to its current position 20 km away. The fountain in the middle of South Africa dried up! Kuruman, in the dry expanse of the Kalahari basin boasts an inexhaustible sweetwater fountain.  It has never dried out, even in the longest drought periods. It produces 20 million litres of water  daily. The first bible in Africa was p

13 Churches ... 13 August ... ONE Prayer

I am organising a prayerwalk through a local community. I have counted and included 13 churches on the route and we will pray for each church as we pass them by. The invitation I make to members of those churches is that if they feel the area needs prayer, they can join in at any of the sections on the route. There are various distances - ranging from 100 meters onwards. A real exciting thing in this is that they may meet someone from a different church who prays the same as they do. But the most exciting will be that we will go out onto the streets, walking and talking to the Lord. Some prayers are prayed just under our breath like a whisper, some just in our thoughts and some out loud and some even in song and some even just as the Holy Spirit leads us ... I encourage them just to come and pray as they feel comfortable. I tell you this because you can be part of this ... even though many of the names on this mailing list are in countries all over the world - we know the Lord is not b