Skip to main content

Fixing pot-holes by digging other holes (Walk-back prayer-walk - Day 3)

It always astounds me how God uses simple things in life to explain the deep and dark difficult stuff ...

This morning as I started out, I asked our Father where I should go. I was excited because of the previous 2 days and how he revealed those simple things to me.

He placed in my heart a yearning to go walk a very specific dusty (muddy) pot-holed road ... I knew about it but have never been on it. On the outskirts of the city - almost out of town -almost in the bush.

I started of praying for the leaders of our land and continued along a very very potholed road. I came to a crossing where I had the option of three directions. I asked the Lord if there is one specific road He wants me to take. I took the one I felt He nudged me on and soon it became clear that I was following the road on the edge of a very large quarry. A deep huge man-made hole with trucks going up and down into it to take more and more out.

And I realised - how often do we fix the pot-holes on the roads with sand and stones we get by digging other holes.

A hole gets replaced by digging another hole ...

And that changed my prayer:

Lord Jesus
So often so many of us are hurt even though we have walls of protection.
And when our own hearts are pot-holed, we fix it by digging for something in other peoples hearts.
And so we replace our own hurts by hurting others ...
And so too in this country oh God.
People hurt one another because they are hurt themselves.
Lord Jesus
Please bring an end to that
Please bring healing in a way we cannot do ourselves
Please touch this country - and stop the hurting intentions
Please stop people from hurting each other just to feel better themselves
Please heal the hurt-ed hearts in our land with Your love and fullness.
Lord Jesus
please show us how to deal with our hurts and pains
in a way that we won't hurt and damage other people
We are asking for a miracle
Please Lord - we pray for Your healing
In Jesus name
... amen

Forgiveness is a way towards healing without hurting others ...

Lord I love to be in Your presence

Comments

Denise said…
Fantastic prayer!! I pray for those who are digging deeper holes in themselves in their attempt to deal with their hurts and causing themselves more 'hurt'. Those who turn to drugs and alcohol etc
May they know who they are in Jesus!!

Popular posts from this blog

The pastors-puzzle prayer-walk

Standing at the closed gate of Fisherman's Village, I needed to phone reception to open the gate. The sun was bright and I couldn't see the screen of my phone clearly. I pressed the wrong button and dialled the wrong number. William answered - he is one of two pastors who I met during a recent Holy Spirit conference - we were both delegates! It was good to hear his voice and we had a short chat. The gate opened and I entered the main office. There was a visitor - another delegate from the conference. The other of the two pastors whom I met at the conference! Both of the two pastors - not only brought to my remembrance, but brought into contact in person! How WOW is that ... Coincidence? I don't think so! ... and now I am inviting you to follow me online in my quest to see what God has in mind for me and the 2 pastor friends. Prayer-walking from William's house in Soweto to Pitso's place off the Dikhololo road on the other side of Brits. On the previous

"Ancient wells" Prayerwalk

After prayerwalking from Kimberley to Gariep dam with that profound first day spanning 66km to the centre of South Africa, Father laid on my heart to do another prayerwalk: Kimberley to Kuruman. To my question "What is in Kuruman", He answered I should do some research. Keeping in mind that the 66 books point to the bible and how I felt to pray that the bible will become central again. Actually more than central - the centre and the cornerstone in schools, business, government, and even many churches. Where Petrusburg was first founded in the middle of South Africa, the fountain dried up. The town was relocated to its current position 20 km away. The fountain in the middle of South Africa dried up! Kuruman, in the dry expanse of the Kalahari basin boasts an inexhaustible sweetwater fountain.  It has never dried out, even in the longest drought periods. It produces 20 million litres of water  daily. The first bible in Africa was p

13 Churches ... 13 August ... ONE Prayer

I am organising a prayerwalk through a local community. I have counted and included 13 churches on the route and we will pray for each church as we pass them by. The invitation I make to members of those churches is that if they feel the area needs prayer, they can join in at any of the sections on the route. There are various distances - ranging from 100 meters onwards. A real exciting thing in this is that they may meet someone from a different church who prays the same as they do. But the most exciting will be that we will go out onto the streets, walking and talking to the Lord. Some prayers are prayed just under our breath like a whisper, some just in our thoughts and some out loud and some even in song and some even just as the Holy Spirit leads us ... I encourage them just to come and pray as they feel comfortable. I tell you this because you can be part of this ... even though many of the names on this mailing list are in countries all over the world - we know the Lord is not b