Skip to main content

21 laps for Uganda prayer-walk

During the week I felt an increasing urge to pray for Uganda. More specific for the area around Moyo in the North; an area that has been in war for over 20 years. The people are displaced and in need of many services and supplies.

The first week first week of August will see a 3-day crusade in that area, and a visit to 2 camps for distributing clothes and supplies to many, many displaced families. "Winds of Holy Fire" and "Redemption Ministries International"-ministry teams will also be ministering to orphans and widows.

I cannot go (I think) - but I will pray.

On Saturday I was ready to start off on a long prayer-walk, to intercede and also to discuss with God what is on His heart... And how to pray and what to pray for.

I planned this prayer-walk a little in the sense that I wanted to walk around one of the most modern athletic tracks in the area. I felt to take a pen and a note pad, and every time I completed a lap, I would stop and write down what the Lord said...

Did I get the surprise of my day - and I believe also a very prophetic message when I arrived at the stadium. The stadium is open for members of the public - but has security guard-controlled access. The main gate was locked and the security guard was no-where in sight... Ohh I thought; and off I went around the outside perimeter towards the side-entrances.

Everything locked and un-manned. On my way back to the main gate, the Lord spoke into my heart...

A little way from this modern track was an unused, "part dirt road, part grassy path, part flat rocks"-dirt track.

Lets walk there, said God...
Yes Lord, said I...

Even at the start of this walk I felt impressed to encourage the ministry team to make all effort to make this outreach one that is fully Holy Spirit led.

Everything must be under the full leading of the Holy Spirit. Then He will be able to move in the way that He wants.

Father God, I pray that this outreach will be the full control of Your Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit, we give You full control right now - even in the planning phases.
And Lord God we ask that You will move in a mighty way in this outreach.
And Lord Jesus, that many hearts will turn to You.
We bless Your name
and we worship You in what we are now preparing for You Lord.
in Jesus name
amen


And as I started off the first lap, this is what the Holy Spirit spoke to me about this trip - and also to share with the ministry team:
This will be - Not at all what you are expecting.
Even as I expected to prayer-walk on the most sophisticated track; I had to go into a more rural part in the area and walk a rough dirt track.
People in Uganda will see in you a little bit of civilisation - a little bit of the modern world BUT after you have left, they will have to stay back there, in their own rhythm, in the way they are used to. The memory that they will hold of you will be of something a little bit different to what they are. So meet them on their level. treat them on their level. take them by the hand on their level and then - for the time you are there - walk with them on their level.

You will be to many people a reflection of God's glory in your life.
The cleaner the window, the clearer the reflection...
So be holy.
Live, and purposefully live, holy lives.
Prepare yourselves in alignment to the Word.
Be transparant, Live JESUS and you will reflect JESUS

Go team...Go ... because people will see the Fire of God in YOU...

False fires - Beware of the smoke ...
If God starts a fire in Your life, it will be a life-giving fire - even the smoke will be holy and life-giving.
If the fire is not from God - the smoke will choke.
So, stay close to God and You will be in the right place.
Our God is an all-consuming fire and pray with me from Isaiah 33:

Dear Lord God
we pray this scripture over Moyo and the Northern area of Uganda
11 You conceive chaff; you give birth to stubble;
your breath is a fire that will consume you.
12 And the peoples will be as if burned to lime,
like thorns cut down, that are burned in the fire.
13 Hear, you who are far off, what I have done;
and you who are near, acknowledge my might.
14 The sinners in Zion are afraid;
trembling has seized the godless:
Who among us can dwell with the consuming fire?
Who among us can dwell with everlasting burnings?
15 He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly,
who despises the gain of oppressions,
who shakes his hands, lest they hold a bribe,
who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed
and shuts his eyes from looking on evil,
16 he will dwell on the heights;
his place of defense will be the fortresses of rocks;
his bread will be given him; his water will be sure.
17 Your eyes will behold the king in his beauty;
they will see a land that stretches afar.


Thank You Lord Jesus
amen


Ministry teams - you must know this -
You are a ray of hope, flown in by air...

This outreach will build character in your own lives.

This outreach will also lead to your own spiritual walk with God to move to a new, deeper level.

On this outreach - there will be amazing things that you will experience in the spiritual realm. You will be able to walk in the warm glow of God's presence and you will be able to discern (like a sudden icy cold breeze) the change in the spiritual "temperature". God is going to make you very sensitive to the things in the spirit.

Lord I pray for the ministry team - for perserverence.
Lord I pray that You will anoint them and that You will give them grace to perservere.
We ask this in Your name Lord Jesus
amen


Ministry team - It is going to be primitive. be prepared. And be ready to be ready in season

Lord Jesus
I pray that the team will:
"Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season;
reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
" (II Timothy 4:2)

I pray Lord Jesus that they will:
tackle challenges head-on because they are grounded in YOU
they know where they are going and they have their hands in YOUR mighty hand.

Lord I thank You for the training in every team member's life -
Team, I feel to encourage you and say that your training so far has been good.

Lord Jesus
I pray that this outreach will be filled with testimonies of Godly choices
I pray each team member will continually make Godly choices.
and that You will give each one individually and also for the team as a group - Clear Direction

Thank You for that Lord Jesus
amen


Now I have a word of caution for the ministry team members
There is witchcraft and trickery in the area
Things are not always what they seem
BUT
The Lord gave me encouragement to give to you:
You will see the bigger picture
You will have insight
because He will show you BEFORE the time
Just trust Him
and Him and His Word alone

Peace I leave with you,
my peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth,
give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid.

And now I have told you before it come to pass,
that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
(John 14:27/29)

And Team, remember this - which you already know -
Charmers are not from God
Neither are unlucky numbers...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Who is that;
hiding in the bushes?

Who is that;
standing around the corner?

Who is that;
hiding BUT staring intently at you?

Who is that;
too scared to run and too curious to ignore you?

Who is that;
among the tall grass, waiting to see what you will do?

It is just a very lost soul, searching...
It is just a very lost heart, searching...
It is just a very confused mind, searching...

It is someone who God knows intimately;
someone who God loves unconditionally;
who doesn't even know they are really deep down searching for GOD!

It is someone
a dear someone
searching for
hope
love
direction
understanding

and for
True Light in their darkness
A solid foundation (Rock)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Be grounded in the Word because you will encounter people who have been exposed to split versions of the Gospel.
The only way to help will be from the Word and by hearing from the Holy Spirit.

Be encouraged that your visit will bring peace in many lives.
Your outreach will bring Peace among death and destruction.
And be encouraged that your ammunition in these war-torn areas is PEACE

Godly PEACE...

In the darkness God is giving you
Night Vision
Night Vision like that of the owl
That you will see things that are hidden for the normal eye
Things in the darkness need to be exposed
You will see them
and expose them.

Here is the key and the most important thing I have to say to you as ministry team

he gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to those who have understanding;
he reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what is in the darkness,
and the light dwells with him.
Daniel 2:21b-22

And I encourage you with this about our Bright Morning Star:
For God, who said,
Let light shine out of darkness,
has shone in our hearts to give the light of the
knowledge of the glory of
God in the face of Jesus Christ.
(II Corinthians 4:6)

Just know that you are being watched -
not by people lying down in the bush
nor from behind the barrel of a machine gun
but by people hiding - standing in wait -
because they see in you ...
H O P E

As I set out to do lap 21, the Lord spoke into my heart -
Don't walk, march.
I feel that is prophetic
because as I marched around that dilapidated track,
in the spirit I was marching with the ministry teams as they would walk in the Lord's army
in the spirit
and as the Lord GOD sounds the trumpet
we will march forth with Him

I encourage You to give this your all because when you look back,
you will see that God had His eye on you all the time
Jesus was there
in all His glory and splendor

He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. (Heb 1:3)

Be blessed
amen

Comments

Unknown said…
what a maseing walk you doing god has a very special freind in you god blessyou in your prayer walk we love to here from noeline bruce

Popular posts from this blog

The pastors-puzzle prayer-walk

Standing at the closed gate of Fisherman's Village, I needed to phone reception to open the gate. The sun was bright and I couldn't see the screen of my phone clearly. I pressed the wrong button and dialled the wrong number. William answered - he is one of two pastors who I met during a recent Holy Spirit conference - we were both delegates! It was good to hear his voice and we had a short chat. The gate opened and I entered the main office. There was a visitor - another delegate from the conference. The other of the two pastors whom I met at the conference! Both of the two pastors - not only brought to my remembrance, but brought into contact in person! How WOW is that ... Coincidence? I don't think so! ... and now I am inviting you to follow me online in my quest to see what God has in mind for me and the 2 pastor friends. Prayer-walking from William's house in Soweto to Pitso's place off the Dikhololo road on the other side of Brits. On the previous

"Ancient wells" Prayerwalk

After prayerwalking from Kimberley to Gariep dam with that profound first day spanning 66km to the centre of South Africa, Father laid on my heart to do another prayerwalk: Kimberley to Kuruman. To my question "What is in Kuruman", He answered I should do some research. Keeping in mind that the 66 books point to the bible and how I felt to pray that the bible will become central again. Actually more than central - the centre and the cornerstone in schools, business, government, and even many churches. Where Petrusburg was first founded in the middle of South Africa, the fountain dried up. The town was relocated to its current position 20 km away. The fountain in the middle of South Africa dried up! Kuruman, in the dry expanse of the Kalahari basin boasts an inexhaustible sweetwater fountain.  It has never dried out, even in the longest drought periods. It produces 20 million litres of water  daily. The first bible in Africa was p

13 Churches ... 13 August ... ONE Prayer

I am organising a prayerwalk through a local community. I have counted and included 13 churches on the route and we will pray for each church as we pass them by. The invitation I make to members of those churches is that if they feel the area needs prayer, they can join in at any of the sections on the route. There are various distances - ranging from 100 meters onwards. A real exciting thing in this is that they may meet someone from a different church who prays the same as they do. But the most exciting will be that we will go out onto the streets, walking and talking to the Lord. Some prayers are prayed just under our breath like a whisper, some just in our thoughts and some out loud and some even in song and some even just as the Holy Spirit leads us ... I encourage them just to come and pray as they feel comfortable. I tell you this because you can be part of this ... even though many of the names on this mailing list are in countries all over the world - we know the Lord is not b