Skip to main content

The Bulldozed prayer-walk

I fondly remember the prayer-walks I did in:
  • Denmark for the Danes; 
  • Sweden for the Swedes ;
  • Frankfurt for the Germans; 
  • Singapore for the Singaporeans; 
  • Sydney for the Aussies; 
  • across the length New Zealand for the New Zealanders; 
  • around Joburg for the Joburgers
  • all across South Africa for the locals 
BUT now ...
After years of prayer-walking in different countries for many nations, I have a specific prayer-walk mandate for my own nation, the Afrikaner nation. 
The Bulldozed prayer-walk will be for the Afrikaner nation to stand up in their Divine God given purpose and destiny; to, despite the past, align and be re-used by God. When we are a righteous people, He will make our paths level

Based on the scripture in Isaiah 26:7 (NIV)
The path of the righteous is level; you, the Upright One, make the way of the righteous smooth. 

From Pretoria to Potchefstroom, 28 September to 2 October 2011.
As usual, I will send updates as I walk, to let you know how and what I am praying, and your feedback and comments will be vital, as you hear from the Lord and we pray all together for a new season and dispensation in the Afrikaner nation, as part of the nations that make up South Africa. A nation with a very specific purpose and destiny in God's plan. As we pray, I believe the spiritual atmosphere will change! 
Here is the planned route:


Can you hear God’s love song over a broken nation:
Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away, for behold, the winter is past
Song of Solomon 2 (ESV)
Is God, even our holy God, a gracious God of second chances?
Have we messed up too much to be used again??

We were with child, we writhed in pain, but we gave birth to wind. 
We have not brought salvation to the earth;
we have not given birth to people of the world.
Is 26:18 (NIV)
Can He STILL use us to reveal His glory in Africa? 
Take courage and comfort! I believe that He will re-use the Afrikaner nation in their original calling and divine purpose. We are about to get a second chance!
As a nation, God has not finished with us. He still has great dreams and visions for us.
We need to come in line with our God-ordained purpose and destiny; in this very time and place that God has purposed for us as a nation.
Looking into the historic purpose and destiny of the sttlers in the Southern tip of Africa, I realised that it was about working the land and to create a safe space. The Afrikaner nation has always been deeply rooted in the spiritual ways of God.
  • What is the Divine purpose of the Afrikaner nation within South Africa AND Africa?
  • Do we have a significant role to play in the “food basket” of Africa?
  • Do we have a significant role to play in making Africa a “safe haven”?
  • Do we have a significant role to play to reveal the glory of God in and throughout Africa?
Join me as a prayer-partner for the rest of the month as I prepare for a prayer-walk where we will be praying for exactly the things stated above. As usual, I will only be doing the legwork, and all who feel prompted by the Holy Spirit can pray with. 
The Lord laid on my heart to name this the Bulldozed prayer-walk. I base it on the scripture in Isaiah 26:7 (NIV)
The path of the righteous is level; 
   you, the Upright One, make the way of the righteous smooth. 
Pray with me that the Afrikaner nation will 
  • Take up their rightful place as a righteous people. Planted here by God with a Divine mandate to work the ground and to teach fellow South Africans and Africans how to do the same.
  • And that God will bless the Afrikaner nation as they come in line with who God made them to be
  • That God will bless the land as they work it
  • That the Afrikaner nation will be instrumental in creating safe spaces for people to live in South Africa AND in Africa
  • AND!!! that the Afrikaner nation will bring the Glory of God to all the nations of this continent!
A week ago, as I was training, God showed me a wonderful and encouraging picture:
I saw a straight road disappearing way off in the distance on the horizon. Just above the end of this road, suspended in the air, hung a yellow moon almost in the shape of a basket. And I heard Him say into my heart: The times of hunger is over. A new season is ahead and I feel that this new season has to do with the abundant refilling of the food basket. This has to do with the land in the area that I will be walking. I need to speak this over the land as I walk and have prayer partners in agreement. There is a new season and new opportunities coming for the Afrikaner nation. God is going to use them.
Then someone also spoke and said something that stuck in my spirit: Did you know that Naomi and Ruth, had a cross cultural friendship. I see this as almost prophetic for the next phase in the life of the Afrikaner nation. We need to reach out cross-culturally. This is where the Lord wants to use us. We need to make His glory known to the peoples of this land.
Here are some interesting facts about the 2 cities I will be connecting in this prayer-walk:
  • Potchefstroom was the first capital city for the South African Republic in 1857, and was succeeded by Pretoria a few years and wars later
  • When gold was discovered in South Africa, Potchefstroom became known worldwide as the gateway to a new riches and glory
Please be prayerful about the significance of this prayer-walk and let me know what the Lord lays on your heart.
I have found that the input of prayer partners have greatly enriched the prayers we prayed over many areas. So, even if you only have a small thing to say, let me know. It could just be the final part of a whole puzzle to complete a bigger picture of praying what is on God’s heart.
Lord Jesus
I just thank You for the wonderful and rich and colourful history of this nation.
Father God, You have ordained a very specific purpose for the nation and we pray that You will restore this nation to its purpose and destiny in which You will be glorified.
Holy Spirit, please lead us in this challenge. Step by step closer to your heart.
And Father God, will You please bless this land. Bless every person, young and old, in this country. lord we are calling for Your favour to fall on this country and that it will spread to the ends of the continent.
Lord, we as Afrikaner nation ask for forgiveness of our sins, and ask that You will restore us. We ask that You will re-use us.
Thank You that You are a gracious God and that we can know that you want to fellowship with us.
We want to be close to You Lord. We want to be holy. We want to be righteous. And we want for You to make our paths straight as we honour and worship You in righteousness.
In Jesus’ name we pray
Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The pastors-puzzle prayer-walk

Standing at the closed gate of Fisherman's Village, I needed to phone reception to open the gate. The sun was bright and I couldn't see the screen of my phone clearly. I pressed the wrong button and dialled the wrong number. William answered - he is one of two pastors who I met during a recent Holy Spirit conference - we were both delegates! It was good to hear his voice and we had a short chat. The gate opened and I entered the main office. There was a visitor - another delegate from the conference. The other of the two pastors whom I met at the conference! Both of the two pastors - not only brought to my remembrance, but brought into contact in person! How WOW is that ... Coincidence? I don't think so! ... and now I am inviting you to follow me online in my quest to see what God has in mind for me and the 2 pastor friends. Prayer-walking from William's house in Soweto to Pitso's place off the Dikhololo road on the other side of Brits. On the previous

"Ancient wells" Prayerwalk

After prayerwalking from Kimberley to Gariep dam with that profound first day spanning 66km to the centre of South Africa, Father laid on my heart to do another prayerwalk: Kimberley to Kuruman. To my question "What is in Kuruman", He answered I should do some research. Keeping in mind that the 66 books point to the bible and how I felt to pray that the bible will become central again. Actually more than central - the centre and the cornerstone in schools, business, government, and even many churches. Where Petrusburg was first founded in the middle of South Africa, the fountain dried up. The town was relocated to its current position 20 km away. The fountain in the middle of South Africa dried up! Kuruman, in the dry expanse of the Kalahari basin boasts an inexhaustible sweetwater fountain.  It has never dried out, even in the longest drought periods. It produces 20 million litres of water  daily. The first bible in Africa was p

13 Churches ... 13 August ... ONE Prayer

I am organising a prayerwalk through a local community. I have counted and included 13 churches on the route and we will pray for each church as we pass them by. The invitation I make to members of those churches is that if they feel the area needs prayer, they can join in at any of the sections on the route. There are various distances - ranging from 100 meters onwards. A real exciting thing in this is that they may meet someone from a different church who prays the same as they do. But the most exciting will be that we will go out onto the streets, walking and talking to the Lord. Some prayers are prayed just under our breath like a whisper, some just in our thoughts and some out loud and some even in song and some even just as the Holy Spirit leads us ... I encourage them just to come and pray as they feel comfortable. I tell you this because you can be part of this ... even though many of the names on this mailing list are in countries all over the world - we know the Lord is not b