Skip to main content

Spine-chilling prayerwalk

13,582* motorists prayed for (11,318 drivers + 2,264 passengers) since 6 November 2006.

On this morning's prayerwalk, I had a spine-chilling experience.

5 days ago, I asked the Lord to open my eyes to see into the spiritual realm ... like Elisha's servant who couldn't see why Elisha wasn't afraid of the huge army around his town ... sent to come and get him (Elisha) ... a whole army sent to fetch one of God's children. Now he had something to be scared of ... but yet he said to his servant: (2 Kings 6:16) "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."

Who was he referring to? What did Elisha know that his servant didn't know. It was just the 2 of them, and the huge army surrounding the town.

(2 Kings 6:16) And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

And this morning as I was walking, I was praying for the people of New Zealand - adding to my list of 1 million people to be prayed for, when I had a momental glimps into the spirit-reality of where I was walking.

I was walking alongside a busy road. The pavement is well maintained and has a walkway for pedestrians close to the side of the road. On the one side were cars moving along, on the other side were trees and behind the trees parking areas and large buildings housing businesses of all kinds.

That was when I saw it ...

In the spirit, a group of huge angels were actually walking along with me. Large and walking with powerful strides ... with flaming shields.

It was an instant too big for me to handle. I had to stop and catch my breath. I went off the walkway, sat down and just thanked the Lord that He showed me how He (Ps 91:11) "... will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;"

I was just pondering how Almighty God would in fact use me - despite of all my mistakes in the past. despite not being perfect ...

When I got up and walked towards the road, it had gone quiet (The traffic light in the oncoming lane was red and that made traffic-flow stop for a while)

A single car was coming along and I stared at this registration plate ...

You know how some people personalise their vehicle registration plates. This car said: "4GIVEN"

Forgiven !!!

That had me speechless ...

But the Lord loves us too much to end there. the next vehicle that came (before the traffic light brought the next load of traffic) ... The very next vehicle was a recycling truck with the registration number: 2REUSE

To RE-USE !!!

Forgiven and re-usable ... just think about the magnitude of that ...

Dear reader

As you read this, I want to encourage you that you too can be re-used.

I have done many things which weren't right at all. I have been at a place where I didn't even want to take courage to look God in the eyes.

But He is gracious.

He is kind.

He is forgiving enough to listen to your plea.

Repent of your sin, and ask Him to forgive you.

And He will.

And He will forgive and re-use you too.

"Lord Jesus,
I have sinned against You
This is what I have done (now is a good time to tell Him what you did wrong - even though He knows it already)
Lord I choose to stop and not do that again.
Please forgive me.
And come into my heart with all Your might.
I give You first place in my life right now.
Amen


If you prayed that with all your heart - I know that you will by now feel His love in your heart and that you will feel the forgiveness flowing through you.

Father, I pray now that You will reveal Yourself (through the Holy Spirit) to this precious child of Yours.
I ask this in Jesus' name
... amen

* Statistics from the Adwalks Stats web site (I walk past them; that's reason enough to pray for them)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The pastors-puzzle prayer-walk

Standing at the closed gate of Fisherman's Village, I needed to phone reception to open the gate. The sun was bright and I couldn't see the screen of my phone clearly. I pressed the wrong button and dialled the wrong number. William answered - he is one of two pastors who I met during a recent Holy Spirit conference - we were both delegates! It was good to hear his voice and we had a short chat. The gate opened and I entered the main office. There was a visitor - another delegate from the conference. The other of the two pastors whom I met at the conference! Both of the two pastors - not only brought to my remembrance, but brought into contact in person! How WOW is that ... Coincidence? I don't think so! ... and now I am inviting you to follow me online in my quest to see what God has in mind for me and the 2 pastor friends. Prayer-walking from William's house in Soweto to Pitso's place off the Dikhololo road on the other side of Brits. On the previous

"Ancient wells" Prayerwalk

After prayerwalking from Kimberley to Gariep dam with that profound first day spanning 66km to the centre of South Africa, Father laid on my heart to do another prayerwalk: Kimberley to Kuruman. To my question "What is in Kuruman", He answered I should do some research. Keeping in mind that the 66 books point to the bible and how I felt to pray that the bible will become central again. Actually more than central - the centre and the cornerstone in schools, business, government, and even many churches. Where Petrusburg was first founded in the middle of South Africa, the fountain dried up. The town was relocated to its current position 20 km away. The fountain in the middle of South Africa dried up! Kuruman, in the dry expanse of the Kalahari basin boasts an inexhaustible sweetwater fountain.  It has never dried out, even in the longest drought periods. It produces 20 million litres of water  daily. The first bible in Africa was p

13 Churches ... 13 August ... ONE Prayer

I am organising a prayerwalk through a local community. I have counted and included 13 churches on the route and we will pray for each church as we pass them by. The invitation I make to members of those churches is that if they feel the area needs prayer, they can join in at any of the sections on the route. There are various distances - ranging from 100 meters onwards. A real exciting thing in this is that they may meet someone from a different church who prays the same as they do. But the most exciting will be that we will go out onto the streets, walking and talking to the Lord. Some prayers are prayed just under our breath like a whisper, some just in our thoughts and some out loud and some even in song and some even just as the Holy Spirit leads us ... I encourage them just to come and pray as they feel comfortable. I tell you this because you can be part of this ... even though many of the names on this mailing list are in countries all over the world - we know the Lord is not b